More and more European citizens every year move to foreign countries. The Kingdom of Thailand is one of the most coveted.

Regardless of the cost of living (can be cheap or expensive, depending on your personal requirements), climate and security (elements that often move from subjective to objective plan), Italians stand here like it, at least for a few years. Let’s see how we can tackle a project destined to change our life, with due caution and the correct information.


Recommend a trial period during which you can get settled in and to evaluate whether the new life for you. Moving to Thailand isn’t a breeze … During this period (around 6 months) lay the foundations for their future and are the right contacts. At this time you can use the 60-day tourist visa (extendable for further 30) which are available from Thai consulates in Italy (Rome, Milan, Turin, Genoa, Venice, Naples, Catania) prior to departure. You can also ask the tourist DOUBLE ENTRY valid for two entries from 60 days to be used in 6 months. ATTENTION: the number of entries in the country has no limits, but staying with tourist visa is permitted up to a maximum of 180 days per year. Visit the visa section for more details.

You can of course use the Tourist permit issued upon arrival at the Airport (it’s a visa, but only one entry stamp), valid 30 days extendable for another 30 without leaving the country.

Strongly discouraged the abused VISA-RUN, aimed at obtaining a new period of 30 days. Immigration is penalizing those who even arouse suspicions of using this trick. You may be denied entry.


Once you have made a minimum of experience, it is good to be regularized for the long term.

Needs to be specified that no matter how long you are in Thailand and if you invested in a business. You will only ever a visa is subject to annual renewal which satisfy precise requisites.

Visa for OVER 50 (-O)

valid for one year, it is issued to Italian citizens who are at least 50 years and showing an income of at least 65,000 THB per month (certified by the Embassy) or with a bank deposit of at least 800,000 THB (in the year the deposit must never fall below this amount). You must demonstrate a permanent residence (with lease or “sponsorship” of a Thai citizen) and introduce yourself to the competent immigration office every 90 days to confirm residency. With this type of visa can NOT work.


valid for one year with the same previous procedures (except for the income of a deposit of THB 40,000 or 400,000 THB). The wife is obviously your sponsor. With this type of visa and work permit is subject to obtaining of the working permit.


moving to Thailand with Business visas must be hired by a Thai company or have a company with at least 4 employees Thais (reduced to two if she’s married to a Thai citizen). In this case the minimum wage to be received is of 50,000 THB per month. Employees are entitled to registration to social security (Prakan Sankom); entrepreneurs are not entitled to registration, therefore will not be covered by any health insurance and will not be eligible for free health care.


Immigration always check carefully. This is not a problem for those who do things in order: officials are generally friendly and cooperative, as long as everything is okay … It is normal for a visit of an agent at his home. During this visit the camera takes pictures, questioned the neighbors, check the utilities etc. Each province has slightly different rules but normally control is extensive and detailed.

Moving to Thailand is easy, if you it is well recommended. Contact us for more details!

Contact us for any information or to ask for a quotation. It's free!

    Service Type
    Provider Name
    Siam Trade Development,
    399 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, ,Khet Watthana,Bangkok-10100,
    Telephone No.+66972354485
    Moving to Thailand can defintely change your life. We give you some advises to consider before making the decision. After your decision, contact us for a consultancy!